>I would be forced to withdraw, and I imagine that lots of other people might
>be in the same boat for the same reason that Jochem and Paul Hastings
>mentioned. I've been through this before elsewhere, and I simply wouldn't be
>able to justify the risk. And it's worth pointing out that the list would be
>significantly less valuable if it loses the likes of Jochem and Paul.
>Between the two of them, they cover everything there is to know about RFCs
>and Unicode!
>
>Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Instead of forcing people to pay to subscribe to the list, an alternative could
be an advertising free list for a fee - $20 to $50 a year lets say, and a free,
but supported by ads lists. That way if you're willing to suffer the ad links
in the contents of the messages, you don't have to pay. But you can get rid of
the ads by paying a small fee up front. Then after you log into the HOF site,
the ad links in the message content would dissappear.

This way all views are accommodated.

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons