Loathe, can you store that session data in a database with ease? If so, what
database? Can you write your own session handler that integrates with the CF
session handler?

That's just a few things you can do with .NET. I know the answer to the
questions so no need to answer them.

To back up some of what Phil said, do what ScottGu did here:
http://blogs.katapultmedia.com/jb2/2006/09/scottgu_linq_aspnet_iis_7_and.html.
Do that in the amount of time he did it and I will sing praises. :-)

The issue here is the power of .net vs CF. .net is enterprise...bottom line.
You can build an end to end app in .net (mobile, web, desktop). CF is only
web-based so you can only compare asp.net to CF, to be fair about it.

CF is definitely faster from 0 to 60 when dealing wtih basic things. Now, if
you want to create a datagrid that has paging, sorting, inline
updating/deleting, etc in CF you'll be twiddling your thumbs for a while and
an ASP.NET developer will be done in 2 minutes. That is the biggest
difference between CF and ASP.NET. ASP.NET has controls. CF doesn't. ASP.NET
can leverage the entire OS. CF can't.

The robustness of ASP.NET cannot be denied. The speed of CF cannot be
denied. They both are great tech's and this convo is really a losing battle.
Regardless of which one is better in the mind of the developer, it should
always come down to what fits the project best.

I do agree that Adobe needs to reduce the price tag, drastically. If CF was
free (for example), there wouldn't be much of a complaint by any of the
other religious .net'ers, php'ers, etc. Price is the biggest problem in CF.