From: Russ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 11:58 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF vs. .NET presentations?

Personally, I tried to learn .NET a few times, but it seemed pretty backward
to me, and I have a MS in CS.  I'm sure if I really needed to, I could learn
it and be productive in it, but I doubt it would be as good as CF.

As far as CF having no IDE, what about CFEclipse?  There are also html ide's
that were discussed here a few weeks ago.

So you can get a free BlueDragon cf server, use CFEclipse as the editor, run
the server on linux/apache, use mysql for the db and everything is free.
You just need some place to host your server.  The only limit is that the
free BD server doesn't support SSL (but I'm sure I can find a way around
that using apache if I had to).

You can't say the same about .NET.

Russ