> and wherever you get your job programming, you'll learn that they
probably
> have procedures in place that you'll have to learn in order to work
well
> with the team that you'll join". I guess that was our "framework"
> discussion.

I think this all depends on what you are attempting to do, as each
"framework" is intended to solve a (sometimes different) set of
problems.  In your environment Jeff, the problems that each framework
addresses may not be relevant.  Each framework is targeted at a specific
problem, take for example ColdSpring; Do you program in an OO fashion
and have many dependencies between your objects?  Then ColdSpring is a
framework that can help you manage those dependencies in an easy way
(not to mention AOP).  Do you have code that is tied really tightly with
your display pages, causing all sorts of headaches when you need to
update something?  You might want to look at an MVC framework.

In the end, many of the concepts that are applied are done so to help
reduce the effort it will take to maintain the application.  These
things may or may not apply to your situation.  If you run into these
problems, then you'll become an advocate of frameworks, and the people
that craft them.

Rich Kroll