haha... ryan stille asked me the same thing. :)

here is what i replied:

we've been using the efaxdeveloper api to handle all of this right now, and
have not started testing the java4less stuff yet. the company i'm working on
that for is wanting to release to beta using efax and then evaluate other
options later. unfortunately, with the way that the agreements are setup
with the contract i'm on, i can't give out any of the efaxdeveloper code i'm
working on... but i could possibly work on the java4less stuff for you and
build a CFC wrapper for it that you could use it to generate barcodes and
read them. shouldn't be too hard.

-jim