I agree with Dave.  If customers feel they need control over their servers,
then they have that choice.  Only other reason for mutli-instance would be
mappings / unique custom tags that they didn't want to make global and
such.  I'm finding that the new mappings that you can do in CF8's
Application.cfc are godsend for me at work.  Prior to 8, I had avoided
global custom tags because we do shared hosting here and everything is
spread around a couple of boxes.  With 8's new mappings, I can
programatically setup the custom tag directory as well as other mappings.
It makes moving things around so much easier and in my opinion lessens the
need for mutli-instance even further.