> I agree with Dave.  If customers feel they need control over
> their servers, then they have that choice.  Only other reason
> for mutli-instance would be mappings / unique custom tags
> that they didn't want to make global and such.

Well, that's not actually what I wrote. There are lots of reasons for using
multiple instances:
- isolation of services for security/administrative reasons
- isolation of services for stability reasons
- ability to configure services differently (JVMs, specific JAR files, etc)
- ability to break the JVM memory limitation

That's off the top of my head, I can probably think of more.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/