I've got two ongoing How-to series on my site that may help you.

The first covers many basics of CFCs and OOP with ColdFusion:

http://www.iknowkungfoo.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/8/22/Object-Oriented-Coldfusion--1--Intro-to-Objectcfc

The second covers Mach-II, one of the major ColdFusion frameworks, and how to
adapt to it from a procedural coding background:

http://www.iknowkungfoo.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/2/12/Moving-from-Procedural-to-Object-Oriented-Programming-with-MachII-for-Coldfusion

HTH,

Adrian