Just to add another voice to the chatter....

>> knowing CFCs helps you make it more reusable and manageable
This is definitely one benefit of using CFCs.  Arguably you can do this
without components, but when combined with other tools available to the
ColdFusion community, CFCs become the best way of achieving code reuse.

>> I found CFCs VERY confusing for myself.
You're not alone.  Everyone who first delves into the concept of object
oriented programming has some level of confusion because you have to change
the way you think about your code.  But, like everyone else, once you study
up on it for a while, you'll start to see how much time and effort it can
save you.

>> What do you think? Should I learn it?
I'll say whole-heartedly yes.  Most advanced developers (in any language)
that you talk to these days incorporate some level of OOP in their
applications.  It's good for your career as a developer!  :)

>> Does it gradually become the core of CF programing to use CFCs?
In most cases, I would say yes.  Beyond simple brochure-ware web sites and
very simplistic applications, CFCs will eventually become an integral part
of how you develop applications.

Good luck.

- Steve Brownlee