> Does these frameworks make things easier or just more complicated.
> I'm working on a small-medium sized application and I hope I can use some
> CFCs there but a framework if it makes everything even working with CFCs
> easier would a huge help. Do you have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance Ben
> Ali

If you are confident that you can do the project using methods you currently
use, I would say stick with what you know unless you have heaps of time. To
start using an 'MVC' framework for example with no experience of CFC's is
going to add the confusion I think.

I like your idea of using a couple of CFCs in the application to get used to
how they work, etc. While doing that, I would find a good book or tutorial
on OO concepts, to be reading and getting you excited (?!) as you go and,
because you'll be working on a handful of componts, you will easily be able
to change them as you learn.

It's worth noting here too that OO is nothing even close to new (in computer
tech terms) - it has been around practically my whole life time (27 years).
Just knowing about it will let you begin to see how things work at a deeper
level (CF is after all built on an OO language). You can get a pretty good
overview of OO in a couple of hours reading thinking and I really do think
that having even the most marginal knowledge is going to save you a whole
load of confusion and time while learning about CFCs and programming in
general. It will be time well spent :)

Once you know about these things then yes, frameworks that revolve around
CFCs can make life a good deal easier; more maintainable, re-usable, error
free applications, etc. etc, etc.

HTH

Dominic

--