Where do I start....

Nothing personal, in fact Plum looks pretty slick, but...

1) Filling out Wizards will not teach you how to ColdFusion or any other
language. Quite honestly if that is your approach you would be better off
using DreamWeaver (DW) from Adobe or Downloading or Visual Web Developer
Express from Microsoft and delving into some of their online tutorials.

2) Learning to program buy using a framework and filling out wizards will
teach you how to use the framework/wizards and not the language ifself.
Learning ROR does not teach you Ruby any more than Using DW's GUI builder
teach you html or CSS.

To start I recommend:
http://learncf.com/
http://www.cfoop.org/