> I don't think that anything said here is libelous in the
> least.  He is only describing what happened.  Hacks were done
> from an IP registered to SoftLayer.  People /should/ be
> talking about these sorts of things so that ISPs hosting bad
> actors will tighten up security.  We've seen a number of
> incidents traced back to softlayer ourselves and they should
> feel some heat when that happens.

You have no idea whether this ISP is hosting bad actors. All you know is
that attacks have been logged from their IP addresses. If Don's servers have
been compromised, others may now log attacks from his servers. Is he a bad
actor?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/