Hey there,

Not sure if this input will alleviate your issues more than the methods
mentioned previously but i had a similar problem polling the gracenote db for a
massive number of matching records.

The method i used was to run the SQL Analyzer tool primarily to streamline my
query but also only retrieving from the DB the records that i was displaying.
I.E generate the record numbers you should retrieve by using the page number
and records by page value.

I.E. Page 1 1 - 20
     Page 2 21 - 40
     Page 3 41 - 60
     Etc.....

This way you are only ever retrieving 20 records at a time. You can use SELECT
TOP #X# FROM TABLE_Y process by building the SQL Script dynamically...

Hope this input might help just a little...