Hi, Jarlath, and thanks for the reply...

I thought about working directly with the SQL to limit the
number of records retrieved, but I wasn't sure how to work that
in conjunction with the paginationCFC, plus, I wasn't sure how
the "limit" and "offset" really worked, so I just decided to take
the safe route.

I checked out the MySQL docs, but didn't get enough info to understand
how it really worked with pagination.  I guess, as you said, the "top"
or "limit" or "offset" would have to be set dyanamically, according to
my pagination settings.

Any other thoughts on this?  (Especially good examples/tutorials of this usage?)

Thanks,

Rick

had a
> similar problem polling the gracenote db for a massive number of matching
> records.
>
> The method i used was to run the SQL Analyzer tool primarily to streamline my
> query but also only
> retrieving from the DB the records that i was displaying. I.E generate the
> record numbers you
should
> retrieve by using the page number and records by page value.
>
> I.E. Page 1 1 - 20
>      Page 2 21 - 40
>      Page 3 41 - 60
>      Etc.....
>
> This way you are only ever retrieving 20 records at a time. You can use
> SELECT TOP #X# FROM
TABLE_Y