On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Matt Quackenbush <quackfu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> know it as well as I do, although I can appreciate your reasoning for

Actually I don't. It was an honest question. If semicolons are the
only thing holding you back from being successful, then you probably
have other problems! (And by 'you' I mean generically, not picking on
you in particular.) I'd honestly like to hear more about why (which I
see you did below).

> needing to defend ACF. :-)

> <cfscript>
>     foo = myService[ myMethod ]( argumentCollection: arguments )
> </cfscript>
>
> There's another perfect example of how cfscript in ACF blows. Something
> that should have (and could have) been supported for years, but Adobe
> intentionally chose not to support it.

I like that syntax. But your seriously saying script support 'blows'
because it doesn't support that (and actually, you can do this, just
with a different syntax). We will have to agree to disagree. I don't
think it's fair to say ColdFusion's script support is crap because it
doesn't support a few things - especially missing semicolons.

Anyway - just my (and your) opinion.

> Again, I appreciate your need to defend ACF. And your right to do so. I,
> too, was once a staunch supporter of ACF. Things change. :-)

It's not so much I need to defend ColdFusion, I just think your
argument (your initial one) was incredibly weak. Then again -
semicolons seem to be somewhat of a big deal these days for reasons
I'll never fathom.