I just downloaded the latest version of forums from forumspot.org  and
can't get it working..

my problem is the change in the database. I tried  to  restore the sample
database that comes with the new version, (into sql server 7), and I get an
error that says  the header of the sample database is corrupted...  I guess
that means I am using the wrong version of sql server..

I then tried importing the access version into sql server 7.. that seemed
to work - but the conversion must have changed some attributes, and the
forums didn't work.. for example there was an error inserting into a
table.. it should have been autoincrement but wasn't..

THEN
once I get the sample database working, how do you import the old data from
the old version of forums?

It seems the easiest way would be for someone to write a script that just
takes the old databases and adds the fields needed for the new version.. is
anything like that available?

thanks
Al Musella, DPM
a1webs.com