----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Musella, DPM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 7:45 PM

> my problem is the change in the database. I tried  to  restore the sample
> database that comes with the new version, (into sql server 7), and I get an
> error that says  the header of the sample database is corrupted...  I guess
> that means I am using the wrong version of sql server..

I ported the database from Access, but I know of others who have used the
provided SQL dump to create the Forums database successfully - you might try
downloading the SQL dump again.

> I then tried importing the access version into sql server 7.. that seemed
> to work - but the conversion must have changed some attributes, and the
> forums didn't work.. for example there was an error inserting into a
> table.. it should have been autoincrement but wasn't..

The Access 2000 upgrade wizard doesn't seem to like like Forums for some
reason - I ended up using SQL DTS and that worked fine for me.

> THEN
> once I get the sample database working, how do you import the old data from
> the old version of forums?

You could use DTS - but there are database differences, s o you need to ensure
you are transferring the right thing to the right place.

Adrian Cooper.