I'm having a hard time figuring out what the motivation is for going
over to the SOXML architecture (or something similar) versus using WDDX.
I've done some very simple benchmarking comparing the two as follows:

1) Given a CF Object, encode it (CF2XML vs. CF2WDDX)

2) Deserialize it/parse it and display node values (XML2DOM vs. WDDX2CF)

I've found wddx methods to be about twice as fast.  I'm using the latest
MSXML parser (4.0).  My impression was that the MSXML parser would
perform better that the <cfwddx> tags.  Given that this is not the case,
I trying to determine what is gained by going to a custom DTD as opposed
to sticking with WDDX.  Any insights to this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill