I don't think that we're talking about complicated tests but just to know
that the person has a basic grasp of the kind of things they will get to do
in the job. Also your comment about stress induced problems - surely if they
do suffer from this they may want to rethink their career?! I myself have an
awful memory, but I wouldn't go for a job when I can't remember the basic
understandings surrounding the job description.

A test on it's own is obviously a stupid thing to do, but used alongside
questions and a proper interview I agree with. I don't see what the problem
is.

Kath

Katherine Maltby
Web Production Director

----------------------
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Ph: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
----------------------
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Ph: +64 (0) 9 488 9131

intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) . Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0) 20 7387 8890