It is about RDS/FTP - at least from my standpoint. However, I did
comment on some of the fact that you're taking a strong coding IDE and
turning it into a strong WYSIWYG application with an ok coding IDE. It's
not that it ASKS me WHERE I want my local files stored - it's that it
TELLS me I HAVE to store them locally just to edit one freakin' file in
a site I may not touch again for 2 months. And no, the advantages are
not awesome - they're the same as they were in Dreamweaver 4 and I
didn't use them then because they were too convoluted and geared towards
an HTML-only development environment. I agree, the site feature may be
great for HTML authors and it may evolve to be useful for coders - if we
all drop our testing, staging, sandbox and development servers and
decide we want to keep a "site" for every instance of every application
on every server all local on our workstations.

I don't understand what's so hard to see here - we want BASIC ftp/rds
service in the File Browser and Open/Save dialog. We don't want YOU to
tell us how we have to work - we want to work the way we have been and
tell YOU what we want in the IDE we buy from you.

It doesn't interfere with hand-coding, it interferes with the simple
ability to open a file on a remote server, make a change and save the
file back to the same location without keeping a local copy, setting up
a site or jumping through any other hoops.

Joshua Miller
Web Development :: Programming
Eagle Web Development LLC
www.eaglewd.com