From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Mercer
Sent: Wednesday, 30 August 2006 6:24 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Why buy into CF?

The thing I like best about CF over .Net, is it has been consistent for the last 9-10 years - since the CF tags (after db tags)
For example, data base access - data access methods have come and gone, odbc, ole, oleDB, ole.Net , ADO ..., but for the CF developer it has always been CFQUERY. Allaire/MM/Adobe have been tweaking things under the hood, but my applications continue to work without modifications.

What I would like to see from Adobe take from .Net is the amount of objects that have been exposed in to the developer.
That is, I would like to see more JAVA objects exposed. For example, I would like to see a CFZIP tag, and how about CFIMAGE or CFSLEEP. There is pletty of stuff in the JVM - it just need to be made easier to access.

I would also like to see ADOBE release a free version of CF with the only restriction being the number of concurrent hits - say 5. That would encourage more people to play with it at home and build up their skills.