> *RE: Kay;s comment - compete with .NET (which has MS behind it, with far
> more resources than Adobe) *

Actually a lot of the compete concern doesn't derive from Microsoft itself,
your actual real competitors are the partners / customers of .NET
technology. Microsoft market .NET in a plethora of ways, we specifically
don't actively compete with Coldfusion all that much. In that in the end,
folks here also are customers of ours whom buy SQL, Windows Servers etc and
I state this as it's easy to demonise us as the bad guys, when in fact we
have investment in the success and failures of Coldfusion (both obviously).
We've also recently via Expression Web opened our tool(s) offering to
support PHP, so in the end it's not a clear cut and dry - us or them,
mentality.

Like I stated, you have [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the boys from the US at WebDU, put
together your draft plan on how to change the world, one CF step at a time
and approach them. Tim is by far the most approachable Adobe Staffer I know,
and if you calmly state your case(s) on how you could change the "perception
of community decomposition" with an action plan, I'd wager he'd look into
ways of supporting it.

I wouldn't recommend doing this alone, you will fail.

Scott.

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes