I think we are barking up the wrong tree.

Adobe do no less marketing than JSP or PHP and they are still popular. Sure
.NET do more, but Microsoft can afford to.

ColdFusion isn't mainstream, it's never going to be mainstream, it's growth
in use is probably only reflective of how many additional people are doing
web development, not because it's more popular than year X.

But I don't pick a technology based on popularity or marketing and shiny
brochures. I pick one that does the job I need and offers me something.

So while it would be nice if Adobe did more in Australia, it won't have any
significant impact, even in the Firmware days ColdFusion wasn't mainstream.

The reason it isn't main stream, is the cost, Adobe can argue this however
they like, but if ColdFusion were free 10+ years ago, I think ColdFusion
would be mainstream now.

It's too late now, even if made free, it would need to both be free and
heavily marketed, which cost wise probably doesn't make sense.

It will be interesting to see how Adobe handle the proposed Server Side
ActionScript marketing and pricing.
It will be interesting to see if Railo can succeed, from what I can tell New
Atlanta BlueDragon has failed.

Regards
Dale Fraser

http://dale.fraser.id.au