As i mentioned in an earlier post, most of the time is comes down to an
infrastructure cost issue as running servers in Australia is quite expensive

  _____

From: Matt Bourke [mailto:m.electronic.at.sym...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 June 2010 8:08 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cfaussie] cost of hosting, CF vs others (was JB-HI Moving to
dotnet)

Suggest openBD or Railo, use the OSS buzzword, you don't need to protect
Adobe they're not going to protect you, 95% of all cfml apps I've worked on
don't need CF server, the only real diff is openBD is a lot more stable and
a lot less resource intensive then CF and Railo is a lot! faster
Cost isn't an issue with scaling, look at cfeclipse vs  visual studio
And Linux+ railo/openBD vs windows server
Does your app need Adobe or CFML?

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Jun 2010, at 22:49, "m...@ampersand.net.au" <m...@ampersand.net.au>