I think some great points were made towards the end of this thread. I
agree that it's too late for Adobe to put any more money into pushing
CF. I mean promoting a scripting language? That's so last decade :)
There are so many free options now that's its not worth the hassle to
go CF for a new project.

CF has to become open source to survive. Railo is on the right track
with their business model and Adobe would do well by taking heed.  I
do think there should only be one option though, having Railo and CF
Server and Blue Dragon is too much.