Hi Lucas,

Monday, January 14, 2002, 10:07:22 AM, you wrote:

LG> question: what binds the different files in a FreeWeb site together?  I
assume
LG> that either it's all in a single archive or that there's a data file with
LG> metadata about all the subpages.

LG> ??

LG> thanks in advance.

FreeWeb searches for an index.html file in the top level of the
directory being inserted.

If index.html exists at top level, FreeWeb assumes the user has
indexed all the other files appropriately.

If index.html doesn't exist, then FreeWeb generates an index.html
which simply lists, with hyperlinks, all the files found in the
directory and its subdirectories.

Hope this adequately answers your question

Cheers
David