On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:27:01 -0600 Mark J Roberts <mjr at znex.org> writes:

> Your "my right to [do some relatively unusual thing] is being
> trampled by legislation that is necessary to enforce copyright"
> argument is stupid, and you know it.

Again the Flame War starter strikes with another blast of his incredible
weapon of doom. <BOOOOM>

> Here's my complaint: "it's inconvenient to submit all my newspaper
> articles to the censors before publication."
>
> What should I really be complaining about?

Here is my complaint: "My right to copy MY OWN THINGS, LEGALY, is being
trampled by SOFTWARE created because of STUPID LEGISLATION made by people
who understand very little about computers or the power or freedom they
give people."  How about that? :)

What about software I write myself?  Do I have to pay the government to
license my every stupid little creation JUST TO HAVE IT ON MY MACHINE?!
WTF!!  And, my dad is a musician, he makes music.  He uses a MIDI music
writing program.  Does he have to pay the government for the right to
have his songs on his own computer?  As far as I can tell, the DRM would
make it impossible to put anything on the computer unless it has
permision from some special agency of some kind for it to be there.  Who
is going to decide what I can and cannot have on my own computer?  And
who is going to spend time looking through each and every little thing I
want to put on there to make sure I have some kind of right to have it
there?

You can flame some more.  I'm done. :)