Peter Levenda's work seems to indicate that there was an organized group of "wandering bishops" sponsored under the auspices of refugee members of Eastern Orthodox churches in Russia or other areas under Soviet influence. Some of these groups in the early 1960's were part of the network named by the Torbitt Document as the financing arm of the assassination of JFK (such as Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia, as well as Tolstoy Foundation), along with wandering bishops like David Ferrie and Jack Martin of New Orleans. Torbitt also named Protestant offshoots (such as American Council of Christian Churches).

See http://www.newsmakingnews.com/archives/archive%201,1,01,1,6,01.htm :
According to the Torbitt Document, J. Edgar Hoover asked his "friend" Carl McIntire to set up the ACCC. http://www.parascope.com/articles/1196/torbitt.htm. The American Council of Christian Churches. A.C.C.C.'s West Coast representative, E.E. Bradley, was indicted by the New Orleans Grand Jury for complicity in the assassination. A.C.C.C. launched a campaign in 1964, at J. Edgar Hoover's request, to elect him President of the United States.7 In 1941, J. Edgar Hoover had his good friend and agent, Carl McIntire, organized the espionage and intelligence unit under the cover name "American Council of Christian Churches" with the headquarters in New York City. _This group was able to take in many innocent religious groups who did not know they were connected with a spy and propaganda agency_. However, Hoover and McIntire through this guise were able to place agents posing as ministers and missionaries throughout the United States and most Latin American countries....

Vigilius Haufniensis wrote:

> There are a lot more assassinations in the US than people realize. But
> first the US thugocracy tries bribes, then blackmail, then harrassment
> in degrees. By the time they get to murder, many are so depressed
> about being dead-ended in their careers that they may actually be
> committing suicide.

VMANN: what of the "satanic cult" aspect of all this?
it seems to me that there is a "phoenix style" assassination program on US
soil, under the guise of "serial killers," which create the illusion of
"random, motiveless" crime. j edgar hoover said "there is no such thing as
a mafia. there is no such thing as organized crime in the united states."
today, people say the same thing about the "murder for hire" across the
entire country in the form of these "satanic" cult groups, whose main
functions include narcotics trafficking and leveraging prominent citizens.
vigilius haufniensis