I need following information to answer your question:

- I assume this copy happens over CIFS not NFS, right?

- Are you overwriting existing files or copying new files?

- Run the following script on your Solaris box and post
  the output so we can take a look at your configuration:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/download/Project+cifs%2Dserver/files/cifs%2Dgendiag

- The identity of user who is performing the copy on the
  client side

- The output of "ls -Vd" on the target directory on the
  server

- Copy one small file that exhibits the problem, capture
  the network traffic and post the network capture.

Afshin

Michelle Knight wrote:
Thanks Afshin,

That leaves me with one problem that I need to solve...

When I use Ubuntu 9.10 to copy files to the ZFS share on Open Solaris, I get an
error...

Could not change permissions for <file>

That error does not stop the copy function, but it does prevent me from using any
instance of Dolphin until I click, "OK" to the error message... but the moment
I click OK, I get the message again on the very next file.

Any ideas please?