Op ma, 05-02-2007 te 03:40 -0500, schreef Claude Jones:
> On Mon February 5 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> > Things have degenerated. I
> > haven't really done that much, and the settings I've changed I've reset.
> > Now, even if I restart Cinelerra, and load one of my clips, it won't play
> > at normal speed. It looks like extreme slow motion. In Kino, the clips play
> > perfectly. I'm going to reboot this machine - I know that's a Windows
> > thing, but... I do see a big chunk of swap being used, which almost never
> > happens on this box.
>
> OK - rebooting restored playability of the files when first loaded. I suspect
> there's something strange going on with the audio drivers on this machine. I
> notice anomalies in audio behavior randomly, and in various apps. Maybe
> that's contributing to my problem. I'm continuing to work on this - all
> suggestions welcome

I've noticed that on some Linux distributions (Mandriva 10.1 and 2006,
IIRC), artsd somehow seems gets in the way of Cinelerra's sound output
(in particular when set to OSS, its default).
You might want to see if killall -9 artsd before starting playback makes
any difference.

Regards,

Richard Rasker