On Monday February 05 2007 8:53:40 am Richard Rasker wrote:
> There's a checkbox Stop playback lock up in the Playback Preferences
> when ALSA is selected; checking this option should prevent the lock-up
> you describe (although I'd have to go and dig around for a more detailed
> explanation - especially *why* this happens).

Yes, I saw that after the fact. I'm doing a big capture now, so it will have
to wait till much later today. Is there some discussion in the docs anywhere
about OSS vs. Alsa? Presumably, Alsa is newer and better, but, the only thing
the docs say is that it's a moving target that's constantly changing and some
versions may not work, and that work is ongoing on the Alsa driver.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA