Christian Thaeter writes:
 > This my maybe arguable view how to hive Cinelerra CV out of its
 > develoment stall:
 >
 > 1) Change the focus of CinelerraCV
[ ... ]
 > 2) Stop using SVN
[ ... ]
 > 3) Make releases
[ ... ]
 > 4) Make tracking HV less important

Hear hear. I've been reading this thread and this is precisely what I
would have liked to have said, but I'm not a developer so it's not my
place to say. But even to an outsider, it seems that both
communication and code exchange with HV is much, much too infrequent,
and that this is holding things back.

Btw. regarding the debate about the graphical interface and the style
of icons, I'd suggest people take a look at the Jokosher
project. Jokosher is an recording studio / nonlinear editor for audio,
and it has very much focused on usability from the start. Imagine a
first-time user trying to use something like Jokosher on one hand and
something like Cinelerra on the other.

I _like_ the concept and efficiency of the Cinelerra interface, but
the GUI is ugly, hard to read and feels needlessly foreign in places
where it could easily follow the conventions of common Linux apps
(e.g. GNOME / KDE human interface guidelines). This is about much more
than looking pretty, it truly is about usability and following
interface conventions. I think there is a lot of low-hanging fruit
that Cinelerra could pick relatively easily. It wouldn't be necessary
to change toolkits or anything.

Mikko