It's true.

Now Cinelerra can not open many files, audio and video properly.

If used cinelerra ffmpeg could open new files like Webm or videos from my
camera, that cinelerra can not play the audio (uncompressed)

I do not know because they do not use external ffmpeg, as does mlt. But I think
it would be a good thing.

Yosepkey