On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:29:12 -0400
Paul Taggart <ptagg...@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> I normally use the yuv stream piped to ffmpeg for video. The biggest
> problem I have is that the default ffmpeg options included on the
> render sub-window no longer exist (I can send you the options that
> work for me).

Yes, please...although I use settings from the manual.

When I need some scaling for old hi8 material I use:

yuvscaler -v 1 -I ACTIVE_700x560+8+8 | y4mshift -v -n 2 | ffmpeg -f
yuv4mpegpipe -i - -y -target pal-dvd -aspect 4:3 mpeg2video $1

Otoh, in my old message I said the following:

"By superficially looking at git's log output (not familiar with git at
all) I suspect the problem might be with the following patch:

commit 954a91e72bba1ed1ce641b5faee7d4c5f318c074
Author: David Arendt <ad...@prnet.org>
Date:   Sat Dec 27 12:02:20 2008 +0100

    Add support for the dnxhd codec.

    In  order to use dnxhd, a recent ffmpeg should be intalled and cinelerra
    must be compiled with ./configure --with-external-ffmpeg (cinelerra can
    also be compiled with builtin ffmpeg only dnxhd can't be decoded)

    Only decoding is handled by this patch. Encoding dnxhd can be done using
    YUV4MPEG Stream and using the following pipe: ffmpeg -f yuv4mpegpipe -i
    - -vcodec dnxhd -b 115Mbps %. Remember that dnxhd can not handle every
    resolution. All tests have been done with 1080p50.
"
about my problems to render via yuv stream with --enable-external-ffmpeg, but I
never got any confirmation about it.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)