I'm surprised that no one has mentioned using a simple Committed Access Rate (CAR). It may not be the new hotness but it's simple, it works and works just about everywhere.
interface Vlan XYZ rate-limit input 10000000 xxxx yyyy conform-action transmit exceed-action drop rate-limit output 10000000 xxxx yyyy conform-action transmit exceed-action drop I never can remember the formula for burst-normal and burst-max and I can't check it easily since I'm using a phone. That may work for you though. CAR is simple and works but it's not as elegant or feature-rich as its more complicated class-based kin. Justin Dan Letkeman wrote: > That's kind of what I thought. I will be able to move it over to the > FE port soon. > > So on the config for the shaping command, I create the class, match > anything, create the policy, assign the class, and enter the shape > command: > > bandwidth 10M > shape peak 13M > (this should not allow any more bandwidth than 13M through?) > > and then on the interface enter in bandwidth 10M > > Sound right? > > Thanks, > Dan. > > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:28 AM, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> The ports on the HWIC-4ESW (as well as on the other other switch modules >> for the ISRs) generally don't support the same set of QoS features as >> the "regular" L3 interfaces, so you can't shape on these ports. Can you >> move your uplink to one of the built-in FE ports instead? >> >> oli >> >> Dan Letkeman <> wrote on Friday, April 25, 2008 2:37 AM: >> >> >> >> > Luan, >> > >> > I have tried this, but it doesn't seem to take effect. My connection >> > is on an HWIC-4ESW. Could that be a problem? If I use "police cir >> > 10000000" it works and seems to take effect. >> > >> > Thanks, >> > Dan. >> > >> > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Luan Nguyen >> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> >> I would say you need to use CBWFQ for this. >> >> Create an ACL match everything or whatever interested you out of your >> >> network and assigned to a class-map, then create a policy map >> >> policy-map out >> >> class out >> >> bandwidth 10M >> >> shape peak 13M >> >> interface WAN >> >> service out out >> >> >> >> -lmn >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Dan Letkeman >> >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> >> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> Bizarre response..... It just so happens that it's a shared >> >>> connection and there is more than 10 available now, and will be >> >>> getting 20+ in the future. >> >>> >> >>> :) >> >>> >> >>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Adam Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >> >>> wrote: >> >>> >> >>>> >> >>>> Dan Letkeman wrote: >> >>>> >> >>>>> Hello, >> >>>>> >> >>>>> We have changed our internet connection over from 4 dsl lines to >> >>>>> one connection. We have a 25mbit connection provided by a >> >>>>> neighboring company and we have an agreement with them that we >> >>>>> will only use 10mbit bursting to 12 or 13mbit. What would I need >> >>>>> to do on our 2801 to limit our bandwidth to 10 bursting to 13? >> >>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>> What a bizarre arrangement! If you had just taken 10mbit you >> >>>> could have just done "speed 10" :) >> >>>> >> >>>> adam. >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>>> >> >>> >> >>> _______________________________________________ >> >>> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> >>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> >>> >> >> >> >> >> > _______________________________________________ >> > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
