hmmm, ospf doens NOT support ipx or appletalk, thats EIGRP. and yes you
might want to redistribute a rip network into an ospf network, remember he
said network not a LAN. The whole purpose os an ASBR, is to connect an OSPF
area to the outside world, or any other routing protocol. so YES, you might
want to have both rip and ospf on your network. just like you can also
coexist IP and IPX, it works the same way. Redistribution is the key here.
of course if the guy meant, ok well we're gona run both rip and ospf on
EVERY router in our entwork, id say flat out in his face hes just plain
stupid.
but hey thats me.
Morgan