hmm,

I find it's a bad idea to call somebody stupid.  Even if the guy wants to
run ospf and rip on every router in his "entwork", ospf would bump the rip
routes due to the lower admin. distance.  You'd have a real CHATTY "entwork"
due to that, and I would agree that there is absolutely no point to that
design at all.  Anyhow... the point of the original question was, can they
coexist. Yes - they can, wether or not it's a good idea wasn't discussed at
that point.

My suggestion - before you pour your arrogance on, check your spelling

Richard

of course if the guy meant, ok well we're gona run both rip and ospf on
EVERY router in our entwork, id say flat out in his face hes just plain
stupid.
but hey thats me.
Morgan