oh, yet another spell checking maniac. im sorry, in the posting requirements
for this site, no one ever mentioned spell checking as being required. dont
mistake a typo for a spell check as well.
and instead of talking about me being arrogant (which i am not) , prove to
me that it isnt stupid. rip by default, since it wasnt specified, is V1,
therefor no VLSM used, and since ospf does use it, it stands to reason it
would be used, since it is on most networks today, so that means rip is gona
find discontiguous networks left and right, great for the waste of your
routers processing time. and your gona  get rip chatting on your network for
no reason, plus the endless routes unreachable you will get since rip's max
distance for a reachable host is 15, add to that the fact that you might
have nt stations or unix listening passively for rip updates to learn their
gateway from, YES,  IT IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
either prove me wrong, and flame at will, or keep your opinion about my
personal characteristics to yourself. it wasnt meant as a personal insult to
any1, it was more meant to in the nature of a little laugh.
seriously, give me one good reason, why youd run both ospf and rip on the
same networks, and the same routers. not talking about an asbr