Sure it will work -- if you redistribute. This is where you will possible
see routing loops.

 You can also create a tunnel interface on both EIGRP routers and share
EIGRP info that way.  This way they will both look like they are directly
connected.  Here's a possible config for the tunnel:

     (e0) r1(s0) -----(s0) r2(s1) -----(s0)r3(e0)

r1 and r3 e0 interfaces are in the 172.16.0.0 address space
All serial interfaces are in the 192.168.0.0 address space
r1 and r3 are running eigrp
r2 is running igrp with someone else

r1:
int e0