Keep at it. Don't be disheartened. Take comfort in the fact that many of the
best author's in the networking field are women. E.g. Laura Chappell, Radia
Perlman, our own Priscilla Oppenheimer. These women are certainly experts in
their field. In fact I have never been to a better speaker on a network topic
than Laura Chappell.

I certainly would not discriminate and I don't know anyone who would.

Mike Linehan

"Ms. Maria" wrote:

> Hello my friends,
>
> I have been looking for a job in Cisco field.  I have earned CCNA, already
> have MCSE, and doing my CCNP now. While going for interviews, I sometime
> feel that this Routing and Swtiching environment is strictly man dominated.
> I have never seen a woman interviewing me for WAN job.  Funny thing is that
> I am going to one institute from last couple of months and I am only one
> girl taking CCNP classes with 25+ men in my class. Sometimes, I sit back and
> think that if I have chosen a wrong profession??  Any advice from people who
> are already working in this field will be helpful.  Is there any sex
> discrimination going on for these jobs?
> By the way, I am in USA this time.
>
> Thanks for the consideration!
>
> Maria

begin:vcard
n:Linehan;Michael
tel;fax:612-888-1355
tel;work:612-888-1501
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cadcamsys.com
org:CAD/CAM Engineering Systems;Technical Support
adr:;;10850 Nesbitt Ave S;Bloomington;MN;55437;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Systems Engineer
note:Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of CAD/CAM Engineering Systems
fn:Michael Linehan
end:vcard