Dear All:

As much as I hate to send "me toos," I couldn't help my self on
this one.  When I read the initial post, I just chalked it up to
PHB syndrome.  Then I thought about it.  This is an example of
just how STOOPID things can get:

We have five very competent folks maintaining and expanding a
client's network.  A CCIE, two CCNPs, an MCSE + CCNP, and a
MCSE+I.  Last month, the client's "technical" rep tells me my
folks need certifications in MS LAN Manager.  I explained that LAN
Manager cert was retired looooong ago and superceded by MCSE.
Went to MS web site.  Called the MS rep.  Client Tech Rep is
suspicious, but goes away.

Last week, he came back.  Said everyone needs CCNA.  I explained
CCIE and CCNP are above CCNA and subsume CCNA content.  Went to
Cisco web site.  Called Cisco rep.  Client says requirement stays.
So I have 5 guys who get to take the CCNA.  (SIGH).

At least I got the client to pay for the exam, time off the job,
and time and one half for the guys filling in during exams.

The moral of the story?  There isn't one.  This week the client's
tech rep. wanted everyone to have -- are you ready --??

Microsoft Certified Novell Engineer cert.  I told him to sign us
all up and tell us the date, time, and location for the exam.  Oh
yeah, the network is NT and NFS -- so the Novell stuff will REALLY
come in handy.

And for the wiseguys out there -- I DO know there is no such thing
as a MS Certified Novell Engineer!

David