What am I missing?  Why do you have 5 guys who have to take the
CCNA?  The three CCNP's had to pass the CCNA to get a CCNP.
That only leaves two, the CCIE who shouldn't really care if he has to
take it and the MCSE+I.

> > We have five very competent folks maintaining and expanding a
> > client's network.  A CCIE, two CCNPs, an MCSE + CCNP, and a
> > MCSE+I.  Last month, the client's "technical" rep tells me my
> > folks need certifications in MS LAN Manager.  I explained that LAN
> > Manager cert was retired looooong ago and superceded by MCSE.
> > Went to MS web site.  Called the MS rep.  Client Tech Rep is
> > suspicious, but goes away.
> >
> > Last week, he came back.  Said everyone needs CCNA.  I explained
> > CCIE and CCNP are above CCNA and subsume CCNA content.  Went to
> > Cisco web site.  Called Cisco rep.  Client says requirement stays.
> > So I have 5 guys who get to take the CCNA.  (SIGH).

Kevin S. Mahler, CCNP, CCDA, CCSE
Systems Engineer, Cisco Systems
Atlanta, GA
See my homepage at <http://www.kmahler.com>