That's kind of an interesting subject we have going on here.

I do not know the answer, but I do remember years ago when I lived in
Denmark and was a very often user of ProComm and Telix where I daily dialed
in to various BBS's around the country.

At first, it was not against the law the put any copyrighted software on the
BBS server, but it was against the law to download it. Later on it got
changed so it was against the law to have it on a server, and if you dialed
in, you were not allowed to upload any copyrighted software.

This brings me even further back to when the Danish telco owned the rights
to phones. Well, it was not illegal for stores to sell other brands, but it
was illegal for customers to buy them.

No matter what the deal is, the fact that we all should remember is that it
is illegal to use copyrighted software without a license. I started out as a
programmer (I'm still programming), and I know how it would suck if people
just copied my software after I had put many hours into it.

Just my $0.02

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen
 Systems Network Manager