Hi all,
We are having an STP problem where we think a user with an integrated
wireless and LAN NIC is creating a bridge loop and bringing down the entire
network. The problem occurs then goes away after 20 or so minutes unless we
can narrow down which closet it is coming from and reboot the switch. All of
our management tools die during the outage. Does anyone have any ideas on
how we might prevent this from happening or track down the offender? We have
6509's in our Core and a mix of 3548's and 3550-SMI. Any thoughts are
appreciated. Thanks!

Chris Dumais, CCNP, CNA
Sr. Network Administrator
NSS Customer and Desktop Services Team