At 06:59 PM 6/17/2003 +0000, Zsombor Papp wrote:
>At 04:52 PM 6/17/2003 +0000, Christopher Dumais wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >We are having an STP problem where we think a user with an integrated
> >wireless and LAN NIC is creating a bridge loop
>
>Based on what do you think this? Somehow it seems unlikely to me that a
>loop through a wireless link (I assume it's the ...

[hmm, groupstudy ate half my email]

.. 11Mbps type) brings down a 6509, or even a 3550. Also, I am not sure
what a "user" means in this context, but I don't think Windows or Linux
does bridging by default, regardless of how many interfaces there are.

In general, first step of loop-avoidance is usually to disable portfast on
every port where you are not 100% sure that it can't participate in a loop
(in your case this seems to be every port).

Thanks,

Zsombor