What an interesting scenario!  If I understood your message correctly, the
network picture is something like this:

  Wired Network -----Cat---------Wireless Network
                             |----User----|

Your problem is that the user is bridging the wired and wireless (and so is
the Cat), which means there are two functioning links (bridges) between the
wireless and wired.

Your real problem is even if you track this user down and beat them severaly
with an AP antenna until his MCSE falls on the floor,this problem is going
to repeat itself with the next user who has a similar wired/wireless card.

Sooooo...it's a long day and I can't think of the specific commands or
syntax or what I had for lunch, but configure the cat port that the wireless
AP is connected to to make it the root bridge such that it will always beat
the **** out of any wanna be bridges, thus ensuring that the rogues block.

Sorry, can't be more specific than this, but my brain is frazzled so right
now, I think STP is something you put in your car...but maybe it will help
with your problem...

HTH anyway,

Charles

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]