Access points can be configured to do bridging and I wouldn't be surprised
to discover that they don't do STP, especially low-end ones from the local
KMart. A lot of low-end switches don't do STP either. So, the access point
would have to be inserted into the network just right so that it caused a
loop, but that's certainly possible. In that case all the looping broadcast
traffic, not to mention looping unknown unicast traffic, could bring a
network to its knees.

I'm surprised so many people doubted his decription of the problem!?

Anyway, finding it will be hard, though there's good advice from Tom and
others. I think I would revert to an old-fasioned communications channel.
Announce over the loud speaker that if you just connected a wireless access
point, disconnect it now and report to the office! :-)

Priscilla