A bit of this, a byte of that..... :->

Rats, I can't find the RFC. Good thing I have my Radcom world of Protocols
book at my side.

IP is a 20 byte header that contains:

Version number - 4 bits
Internet header length - 4 bits ( length of the header itself. Minimum of
5x32 bit words. I.e. 20 bytes )
Type of service - 8 bits
Total length - 16 bits ( how large a data packet follows the header )
I.D.  16 bits ( used for packet reassembly )
Flags - 3 bits used in the fragment / don't fragment determinations )
Fragment offset 13 bits  ( indicates where a fragment belongs in a
sequence )
Time to live - 8 bits
Protocol - ip protocol types defined by ietf. For example, IPSec AH is type
50
Header checksum - 16 bits
Source address - 32 bits ( ip)
Destination address 32 bits
Options - variable length
Padding - variable length
These last two add up to the remaining value - 32 bits.

No mac - that's layer two. IP is layer three. TCP is layer 4

HTH

Chuck