On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Luan Kim wrote:

> Can someone lighten me up as to what's inside an "ip packet"?  Is there a
> udp/tcp header in it?  Is there a mac-address in it?  Thanks for any
> input.

You are a Network Engineer for a multi-million dollar company, hold a
CCNA, and are asking something trivial like whats in an IP packet?  If you
searched the web you would get that answer in a quick query.  I am not one
to flame, I just find it unreal that you could study for your CCNA and not
come across what makes up an IP packet.........I even find it more mind
boggling that anyone could get their CCNA, have a job as a network
engineer, and not be with in 10 walking paces from a decent tcp/ip
reference that would have this in the first chapter.

Brian