From: Ejay Hire [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 10:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cisco 3640 grunty enough for full-BGP routing?

About two days ago, I was reading an RFC written in 1996 (RFC 1772 or
1773..) and it talked about how the BGP database would fit into 64 mb of ram

in 1995, and all of it would fit except for sprint in 1996, and all of it
would fit except for sprint and ...

You cannot fit the entire BGP table into 20 Mb's of RAM.  If you don't have
any input filters set up, then your Isp('s) or someone upstream of them is
filtering.  (Filtering a LOT...Like 80%).

You can connect to a looking glass at www.merit.edu, and see the tables.
There is even a section you can ftp to to download the whole database.